Off road parking
Log burning stove
Garden / Patio
Broadband / WiFi
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Downstairs water closet
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric Rangemaster cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, 5 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
This converted farmhouse is situated in the village of Maulds Meaburn, just a short distance from the popular town of Appleby-in-Westmorland.
A lovely farmhouse dating back to 1871, this cottage is ideal for larger families or group of friends and is perfectly placed to explore the enchanting Eden Valley, having been beautifully refurbished and offering all the comforts of modern living.
For informal eating there is a well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar, which leads to a dining room where you can settle down and enjoy your meals, before adjourning to the sitting room with a woodburning stove, where you can relax and plan your adventures for the following day.
Upstairs are four comfortable bedrooms, two doubles with an en-suite shower room and a separate bathroom, which is shared by a super king-size bedroom and a twin room.
For warmer days, relax in the garden or dine alfresco and enjoy superb views over this pastoral land.
The picturesque village of Maulds Meaburn is quiet and easily accessible to The Lake District and Yorkshire Dales.
The three main market towns of Penrith, Kirkby Stephen and Appleby provide a wealth of experiences such as country fairs, agricultural events and ancient Rushbearing Festivals.
The Eden Valley offers a huge range of individual shops, from bakeries to breweries, galleries and craft shops and is an ideal destination for a whole host of amazing adventures, including mountain biking, rock climbing and walking.
Appleby-in-Westmorland is a short drive away and is a major stop on the Settle-Carlisle Railway.
Explore the Howgill Fells in Northern England between the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales.
An ideal cottage to visit throughout the year as Eden hosts an annual programme of unique experiences to suit every taste.
Note: This property can be booked with Peggies Barn 1 and Peggies Barn 2 together they sleep 16.
- Four bedrooms with TV: 1 x super king-size double, 2 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin.
- Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC (shared access from super king-size double and twin bedrooms).
- Kitchen with breakfast bar.
- Dining room.
- Sitting room with woodburning stove.